Fixes and enhancements:
- Added options to enable developer services, such as AdMob and Analytics, in your app from within Android Studio.
- Added additional annotations, such as
- Added the capability to generate Java heap dumps and analyze thread allocations from the Memory Monitor. You can also convert Android-specific HPROF binary format files to standard HPROF format from within Android Studio.
- Integrated the SDK Manager into Android Studio to simplify package and tools access and provide update notifications.
Note: The standalone SDK Manager is still available from the command line, but is recommended for use with only Eclipse ADT and standalone SDK installations.
- Added the
fingercommand in the emulator console to simulate fingerprint authentication.
- Added a
<public>resource declaration to designate library resources as public and private resources.
Note: Requires Android Plugin for Gradle version 1.3 or higher.
- Added data binding support to create declarative layouts that bind your application logic to layout elements.
- Added support for a separate test APK module to build test APKs in Android Studio.
- Updated the AVD Manager with HAXM optimizations and improved notifications.
- Added 64-bit ARM and MIPS emulator support for QEMU 2.1.
- Simplified the resolution of lint warnings by adding quick fixes, such as the automatic generation of Parcelableimplementation.
- Added live template support for quick insertion of code snippets.